As Americas Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: ~TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
Applies advanced analytical and statistical knowledge to solve complex business problems. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods and exercises significant independent judgment to determine best method for accomplishing objectives. Provides expertise to functional project teams and may lead or participate in cross functional initiatives. Frequently represents the organization to customers and often provides mentoring and guidance to teammates and peers.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Provide thought-leadership and creativity to identify opportunities to apply statistics, modeling, or analytics to bring value to the business.
- Consult with business units and conduct analysis to provide actionable results.
- Utilize advanced statistical techniques to support business needs; may include call categorization, frequent creditors model, call complexity models, forecasting customer effort and influence of customer effort on churn & customer payments, design and evaluation of experiments, etc.
- Structure project plans, set expectations, and communicate with business partners.
- Present and communicate results in manner appropriate for target audience.
- Mentor and teach analysts in partner departments. Provide guidance and tools to enable other teams to “self-service” where appropriate.
- 5+ years experience in field in industry (relevant experience in academia may apply)
- Demonstrated ability to apply a wide variety of statistical algorithms to effectively solve business problems. May proactively identify new areas of opportunity for analytics at T-Mobile.
- Broad experience in applying exploratory data analysis, data mining techniques, and/or statistics to real-world data. Competent in predictive modeling, survival analysis, time series, forecasting, categorical data analysis, pattern recognition techniques, and other advanced methodologies. Solid statistical programming skills in at least one statistical language (SAS, R, Python) and demonstrated ability to learn new ones. Able to independently extract data using SQL, Hive from Teradata, SQL Server and Hadoop and prepare data for analysis. Consistently produces results accurately and efficiently. Ability to develop new algorithms or apply existing algorithms in innovative ways.
- Develops solid working relationships with both technical counterparts and business partners. Good written and verbal communication and strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with management (including VP level).
- Proactively shares knowledge and experience with others. Trains less experienced statisticians. Asserts ideas and effectively persuades others. Decisions and recommendations have substantial impact on the business.
- Understands the needs and drivers of the business and is able to identify impactful analytical strategies. Ability to develop solutions to highly complex problems which require the use of creativity and innovative thinking. Work involves things new to the organization, but not necessarily new to the industry.
- Ensures that client needs are met and results in customer satisfaction.
- Masters/Advanced Degree (Ph.D. preferred) in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field.
- Relevant experience in academia may apply.
To learn more & apply, please click the 'Apply For Job' button on this page.
T-Mobile USA, Inc is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.