The Disney Parks, Experiences, and Consumer Products (DPECP) group is seeking a motivated Research Analyst to join the Consumer Insight team that supports the Consumer Products business.
This individual will be responsible for supporting and assisting with consumer insights project management, including data analysis and reporting, for the Consumer Insight team that is focused on Consumer Products within the larger DPECP organization. The focus of this Consumer Insight team is to utilize primary/custom research as well as secondary data tools/resources to help inform business decisions around strategy, product development and communication/marketing. Specifically, areas of focus include:
- Content impact on merchandise
- Product/merchandise development,
- Distribution (product, retail and e-commerce)
- Marketing and digital content support for franchises and merchandise
- Assist in the implementation and day-to-day management of both custom qualitative and quantitative market research studies from inception to completion
- Assist the Sr. Manager and the larger team across all aspects of qualitative research projects (e.g., focus groups, in-depth interviews), including client management, development and review of discussion guides, stimuli management, analysis, reporting, and presentation of research results
- Assist the Sr. Manager and the larger team across all aspects of quantitative research projects, including development and review of the research brief, questionnaire, data analysis plan, and reporting to ensure data will meet ultimate information needs
- Conduct surveys (including questionnaire development and data analysis) and write/present insight driven reports using in-house online panel
- Support and manage internal ad-hoc requests and business questions by analyzing a variety of data sets and communicating key insights
- Utilize research across syndicated sources/tools to continuously track consumer trends, consumption habits, preferences and behaviors
- Specific responsibilities include: writing research briefs, participating in research design conversations, supporting and/or managing the research process end-to-end (including all market research-related deliverables to ensure the quality and accuracy of the work product), data analysis, reporting (including implications), and presentation of findings to key stakeholders (including upper management)
- 2+ years of primary market research experience required, managing or assisting on custom research (across both qualitative and quantitative studies) and working with syndicated research
- Knowledge and experience in the implementation of custom qualitative and/or quantitative market research methodologies
- Experience with project management and data analysis, including the ability to manage multiple priorities, projects, and deadlines simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills – statistics experience and familiarity with SPSS a plus
- Able to synthesize a lot of information into a highly visual, concise story (expertise in PowerPoint or Keynote)
- Professional demeanor and excellent communication skills (verbal and written, including business writing and presenting to others)
- Demonstrated interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Some experience in managing and/or directing outside research agencies
- Possesses an enthusiastic and positive “can do” outlook, even when under pressure
- Highly detail-oriented and well-organized - able to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated - able to self-start projects and solicit collaborations
- Comfortable working within a fluid and flexible culture; adjusts well to change and/or shifting priorities
- Analytical thinker who has a passion for learning/insights, enjoys problem-solving, and is willing to challenge traditional thinking
- Some travel required (including attendance at evening focus groups)
- Computer Skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Keynote and SPSS experience a plus.
- Experience conducting research in a consumer products and/or entertainment company a plus
- Bachelor's degree required; coursework in the fields of Marketing, Market Research, Communications, Psychology, Consumer Behavior, English, or Social Sciences preferred
About Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products
The Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.