The BI Developer/ Business-System-Data-Analyst collects business requirements in order to develop systems requirements and/or process solutions to address business needs and mitigate cyber risk for the Enterprise. This person will build dashboards/reports from source data, including requirements capturing, data identification and structure, extracting the data and crafting dashboards, scorecard and reports.
This role encapsulates all tasks needed to translate business requirements into a technical solution. You should be highly inquisitive and analytical with a good eye for business coupled with the ability to extract important information from the data.
The Reporting and Analysis team helps build tools that are used across Enterprise Cybersecurity. The team ensures the quality and accuracy of our core data and develops analytics and metrics used to evaluate information security. Comprised of members with diverse skills and experience, we are looking for a team member to improve and complement our current capabilities.
Do you have an interest in cybersecurity, analysis, and telling a story with data? We utilize outstanding business intelligence tools and data management methods to transform data into impactful information.
Do you like variety, different challenges daily, and learning something new every day? You will have an opportunity to engage with all levels of the organization while working to protect the information of our customers and the firm.
THE EXPERTISE YOU HAVE
- 5+ years of proven experience in BI development and dashboard visualization
- 5+ Experience as Business-System-Data Analyst
- Bachelor’s degree required, Computer Science or related degree. Statistical or quantitative background a plus.
- Background in Financial Services industry or Cybersecurity a plus
- Data Modeling methods and standard methodologies
- Proven understanding of database schemas and querying tools.
- Excellent SQL skills
- The ability to identify the most efficient means of data acquisition and information delivery. Gather and analyze business data from various sources.
- Experience interacting with business users and partners to identify dashboard strategies and report layouts
- Experience working in an Agile development model
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work both independently and effectively in teams
- Great attention to detail
- Highly motivated with ability to thrive in a fluid, fast paced, fast-paced environment
THE SKILLS YOU BRING
- Capture requirements, analyze data, and develop dashboards to communicate results to executive management team, product owners and other partners.
- Tableau/BI visualizations and dashboard visualizations
- Able to effectively and proactively communicate to business partners and stakeholders
- ETL skills a plus
THE VALUE YOU DELIVER
- Develop high value and impactful BI Dashboards, Scorecards and Reports to reduce cyber risks
- Must have the ability to develop relationships, communicate effectively and act as a change agent to drive improvement on identified risks
- Using strategic and critical thinking, identification and documentation of high value business requirements and the implementation of data driven solutions to provide insights that will drive down cyber risks.
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with a team of developers, business analysts, and business representatives to provide detailed data analysis and information gap analysis from various data sources