The Data Visualization and Presentation Specialist is a member of AWEA’s Research & Analytics team and supports AWEA’s analytical agenda by seeking the narrative in data and telling it through a variety of engaging, immersive visual tools. This position thinks in numbers and speaks in interactives, maps, and charts to deliver effective and compelling advocacy materials and content to further the organization’s mission and objectives.
The role will also leverage data analysis tools to investigate industry data, market trends, and policy impact assessments to support AWEA’s policy and regulatory decision-making and advocacy. This position reports to the Vice President, Research & Analytics.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Think critically about graphics and data. Employ a variety of methods – interactive graphics, infographics, charts, maps, fact sheets, and more – to deliver compelling advocacy material and visually stunning market reports and presentations.
- Develop intuitive, attractive, and interactive data visualizations for reports, presentations, and a range of other uses.
- Distill data to communicate compelling stories to diverse audiences.
- Produce high-quality and visually appealing presentation content based on AWEA data and secondary sources. Update legacy presentations, fact sheets, and additional data-driven advocacy content.
- Lead design and production of AWEA market reports, fact sheets, and data visualizations. Work collaboratively with report authors and subject matter experts to develop content and tailor products to appropriate audience.
- Build dashboards and similar data summaries for senior management that informs decision-making and planning.
- Design and perform analyses that support AWEA’s policy agenda at the state, regional, and federal level on strategic issue areas.
- Provide rapid response and analysis to inquiries from Government and Public Affairs teams, AWEA members, regional partners, the press, and others. Serves as a technical expert in communications with AWEA members, policy makers, the press, and the general public.
- Assist in reviewing audience-facing material across the organization.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong quantitative analysis skills. Candidate must possess a strong record working with large, complex datasets.
- Critical thinking: able to look at numbers, trends & data and come to new conclusions and transform into compelling visuals.
- Strong written and oral communication, with the ability to tailor information to audiences of varying technical capabilities.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Acrobat, and Photoshop.
- Experience in ArcGIS or other geospatial visualization software.
- Ability to respond quickly and professionally to inquiries.
- Ability to prioritize and complete a variety of tasks efficiently.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
Education and/or Experience
AWEA is seeking applicants whom reflect and understand our core values: We HEART Wind Energy, The Truth Prevails, Together We Succeed, and Ahead of the Curve. Qualified applicants may possess any combination of education and experience enabling them to successfully perform the responsibilities of the position. Qualifications are: Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as economics, statistics, or engineering preferred. Seeking candidates with a minimum three years of experience conceptualizing and creating information graphics, data visualization, interactives, and presentations. Knowledge and working understanding of U.S. electricity sector preferred.
Click the "Apply Now" button on this page to send how you heard about this job, cover letter, salary requirement, start date availability, and resume (use “[Your Name]- Data Visualization & Presentation Specialist” in subject line) or mail to AWEA, 1501 M Street NW, Suite 900, Washington, DC 20005; Attention: Human Resources.
AWEA is Metro accessible and provides a generous benefit package. To learn more visit our website..
AWEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.