Who we are...
COCC delivers complete enterprise processing solutions to financial institutions throughout the northeastern United States. Listed among American Banker's FinTech 100 and the Inc. 5,000 fastest growing companies in the nation, COCC inspires the industry with innovation and top quality support. Designated as a Top Workplace in Connecticut, COCC recognizes employees as the core of our success! COCC offers a progressive training program to support employees in personal and professional development.
What we need…
We are looking for a Senior Security Engineer to be a member of the design and delivery team for a comprehensive enterprise security posture that aligns with the goals of the business. The incumbent will be responsible for executing the strategic direction set by the officer of Information Security while simultaneously securing enterprise information by determining security requirements; planning, implementing and testing security systems, preparing security standards policies, and procedures.
What’s in it for you…
- All of the benefits you’d expect from an award winning employer plus:
- A robust employee training and development program
- Generous PTO offering as well as competitive pay and benefits
- On-site fitness center
- Tuition Reimbursement
- One on one career coaching
- Financial planning assistance with certified professionals
- Fun employee events such as company outings, trivia, sports leagues, wellness events
- Peer recognition programs
What you’ll do…
- Responsible for designing and building security solutions, security architectures, technical security standards, and technical security baselines. These may include but are not limited to NGFW, WAF, DLP, IAM, and cloud security controls.
- Assess current-state security controls, capabilities, and their effectiveness.
- Develop roadmaps for technical talent and procedural improvements.
- Awareness of the latest network & application security trends.
- Drive the technical architecture and implementations for security solutions while providing technical leadership and strategic direction for security functions.
- Coordinate with other InfoSec teams, Technology Services, DR/BCP, legal, Human Resources and other business groups while developing, implementing, and engineering security architectures and their solutions.
- Provide architecture & engineering oversight to all security incidents, processes and escalations to determine the root cause and extent of the incidents
What you’ll bring…
- Bachelor’s degree required, IT/IS required or commensurate experience
- CISSP, GDSA, GCED, vendor-specific security certifications, or equivalent certification(s) or experience required.
- Ability to manage projects & proven experience required.
- 10+ years’ experience in a technical information or network security role.
- Experience mentoring junior staff and colleagues.
- Deep knowledge of security architecture & engineering principles including network-centric and data-centric security.
- Knowledge of DNS, email, web technologies, TCP/IP, applications of cryptography, and data-exfiltration principles.
- Strong networking knowledge and packet-analysis capability.
- Ability to program/code is required (any modern interpreted language).
- Understanding of Linux and Windows security principles.
- Deep understanding of Linux and working with Linux-based systems.
- Deep thinker, capable of taking initiative, working well alone and as part of a team, willing to always learn & grow, and an ability for attention to detail required.
COCC is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace. All applicants are required to pass a credit, background, and substance test prior to employment. COCC procures background and consumer reports in compliance with all Federal and State regulations, including The Fair Credit Reporting Act and CT Department of Labor laws regarding pre-employment screens. COCC is an equal opportunity employer committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
If you’re a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please let us know by calling 860-678-0444 or emailing talentmanagement at cocc dot com. Please specify the help you need and we’ll be happy to get back to you!