Chubb, the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer, is seeking a creative, innovative, and collaborative Data Apprentice who is ambitious and hungry to learn. You will join an Analytics, Enterprise Risk Unit, Internet of Things or eConsumer team and digital professionals who are charged with ensuring Chubb thrives in the Digital Age.
A typical day
- Communicating with both technical and non-technical groups on a regular basis to pass along important information.
- Identifying business-specific rules related to datasets and data characteristics that will influence project design and analysis.
- Describe the data analytics lifecycle and set out details, activities and roles at each stage in a real-world example.
- Understand Data Science including programming basics, foundations of data modelling, research design and exploratory analysis, machine learning, and Big Data fundamentals.
- Develop a solid working knowledge of how current systems and data sources are populated and sourced.
- Assist in documentation of accuracy and availability of various data elements and variables.
- Understanding normalized relational databases and understand how and why the principles are applied.
- Identifying starting points for overcoming project and technical problems.
- Implementing quality control measures and know how to assure the quality of data uploads and query output.
- Understand data regulation and how it impacts your role.
- Designing effective project briefs which communicate expectations to stakeholders.
You must have:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Be over the age of 18
- Individuals with an interest in math, science or technology. A desire to learn programming is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Strong analytical background and a strong sense of personal ownership over work
- Strong research capability
- Excellent, clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, passionate technical professional, driven to achieve committed milestones
- Ability to multi-task and work independently with little supervision
- Excellent attention to detail in a complex, deadline-oriented environment
- Training on the 12 month, fully employed Data Analytics apprenticeship.
- Being a WhiteHat apprentice means access to awesome social events, sports teams, insight/career days with other apprentices to grow your network, as well as your own personal Coach who will guide you through the qualification to help you achieve your full potential.
- As part of your WhiteHat Apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to develop 6 key competencies, underpinned by well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness and grit.
After your Data Analysis Apprenticeship, you can progress into any Junior Data Analyst, Data Scientist and Data engineer role. You'll have the skills to run insight analytical projects from beginning to end and work within a Data Analytics team.