Essential Job Duties:
As an integral member of the research team, the Research Analyst and Data Manager will perform. a variety of duties in support of multiple health research studies including analyzing complex data sets, processing large data sets, data entry and management, literature searches, writing and presentation of results, and ad-hoc analyses and support as needed. Specific duties will include but are not limited to:
- Process, clean, and manage large complex datasets for multiples research studies
- Analyze datasets using a combination of accepted and novel methods and statistical analysis.
- Prepare and distribute data sets for investigators and analysts.
- Ensure entry of data from a variety of sources
- Develop and support databases to capture and manage both process data related to study management and outcome data from surveys, lab analyses, etc.; this
includes use of Microsoft Access, REDCap, and other computer applications.
- Complete literature searches and summarize through the results to support scientific writing
- Support the development of scientific manuscripts and presentations
- Work collaboratively with other members of the study team to identify creative solutions to address challenges in the conduct of the study.
- May assist with data and specimen collection for the study
- May help to maintain paper and electronic records in support of the research
- May perform other duties incidental to research activities as assigned.
- Report results of data cleaning, management, and analysis to direct supervisor, study PI, study coinvestigators, and the broader study team as applicable to a given task.
Inclusiveness and diversity are critical to the success of the College of Sciences and the University. The selected candidate will be expected to foster an environment that is supportive and welcoming of all groups.
Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to the field assigned and one year of related training or experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Intermediate experience with SAS programming
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and other applications for data entry, communication, and scheduling
- Interest in public health research; an interest in or familiarity with disparities research
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with various team members
- Time management with frequent changes to prioritization of tasks
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in order to meet new challenges in study conduct
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Understanding of statistical methods commonly used in data analysis as well as being able to apply these methods
- Knowledge of key data cleaning and management tools and procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access
- Master’s degree
- 3+ years of SAS programming experience
- Driver’s license and access to a car preferred. all mileage will be reimbursed