Are you driven by the opportunity to drive change, and set vision but also enjoy tending to the details or process necessary to attain those goals?
Would you say that you are a very self-sufficient person comfortable when asked to lead projects or teams?
Do you have a passion for analytics and finding ways to improve end user experiences?
Join Delta Defense as a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst!
The Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst is a key role on the Analytics team bridging the gap between the Business and Data. You will spend time with the business understanding their processes, procedures, goals, and provide the business Insights from data to make key business decisions.
The Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst will translate end user requirements to the technical Analytics Team members about how the data will be used to help the business.
Using your Business knowledge and data, you will surface key insights through Data / Visualization / Dashboards / Reports that will allow the business to take action and make more informed decisions.
- Provide Actionable Insights to the business through Data / Visualizations / Dashboards / Reports.
- Work with the business to understand processes, procedures, goals, business data generation, and data needs to make key business decisions.
- Act as liaison between business end users and Business Intelligence developers to decode raw data into actionable easy to understand insights.
- Data Mine various data sets for new actionable insights for the Business and communicate the insights to the business.
- Using your knowledge of various departments, find Cross-Department Correlation in Data, work with the Data Integration and Data Operations teams, and visualize and communicate the insights to the business.
- Using your knowledge of the business unit(s), decode end user requirements for the Data Integration and Data Operations teams to help them understand those requirements, how the data will be used, predictive analysis data potential to create an easy to use dataset(s).
- Collaborate with the business unit(s) to understand and prioritize requests for the Insights and Analytics team.
- Responsible for training new Users using our Reporting Tool (Domo) along with management for granting access to new and existing content.
- Create Process Flow diagrams for illustration of department processes that are not documented to gain a deeper understanding of how business data is collected, stored, or used.
Skills/Abilities and Education Requirements:
- 4+ years of experience in Business Intelligence or Analytical Role
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related field or equivalent experience
- Strong Business Acumen - Display understanding of business principles to drive insights.
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, identify and resolve problems, and have big picture thinking while being detail oriented.
- Curiosity mindset - Be a great listener and challenge norms.
- Experience with Domo is a plus.
- SQL Skills a plus
- Additional experience working in a business core competency a plus.
- Proven time management skills in a deadline-driven work environment.
- Performance driven professional with strong interpersonal leadership skills.
- Demonstrates the Core Values of Delta Defense LLC.