The Marketing Data Specialist will leverage data management tools to select, clean, prepare and deliver audiences for marketing efforts. This role selects data based on written targeting strategies, works with our project management, client engagement and analytics teams to ensure accuracy, then prepares and delivers marketing files for use by a vendor or an internal marketing team.
- Follow established processes to select audiences and prepare data for marketing efforts, delivering on the project requirements with a very high degree of accuracy.
- Incorporate data from multiple sources using a variety of data software tools which include Google BigQuery, Microsoft Excel, and SQL Server.
- QC data elements for projects received from clients, transformed data, final output file, and reports.
- Update client reporting when new data is received.
- Partner with developers, analysts, project management, and client engagement teams to gather documentation and instructions necessary to complete data projects on time.
- Create and update documentation on current processes for the data team and other agency teams, client contacts, and third-party data partners.
- QC your work and the work of team members for data quality, process and accuracy.
- Troubleshoot data errors and anomalies, and provide recommended solutions.
- Perform ad-hoc queries as needed to answer questions about the data.
- Create data query logic from non-technical requests.
- Escalate any data or project issues to stakeholders as required.
- Suggest more efficient and effective data processes.
- A very high level of attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proactive communication
- Ability to multi-task and to negotiate priorities when needed
- Ability to manage assigned tasks and projects to ensure they are completed on schedule
- Self-directed and able to work at peak performance with limited direction
- Command of grammar and language sufficient to proofread professional documents
- A desire to work as part of a team in a collaborative environment
- Ability to think critically
- A commitment to continuous learning
- Knowledge of database relationships and architecture
- Proficiency with Microsoft office Suite
- Proficiency in data management tools appropriate to this position:
- Relational database tools (especially Microsoft SQL Server)
- Data encryption and transfer technologies (SFTP or use of APIs)
- Cloud-based data lake technologies such as Google Big Query
- Knowledge of basic direct mail and digital marketing metrics a plus
- 1+ years of experience in a related field (data science, database management, analytics, information technology, or marketing analytics )
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience in one of the following fields: data science, data analytics, data technology, database management, software and data engineering, information technology, applied mathematics, computer science