USC’s Dana and David Dornsife College of Letters, Arts & Sciences - Center for Economic and Social Research is seeking a Software Engineer to join its team.
The Center for Economic and Social Research (CESR) is dedicated to discovering how people around the globe live, think, interact, age, invest, and make important, life-changing decisions. Our in-depth research and analysis are deepening the understanding of human behavior in a wide range of economic and social contexts.
Our ultimate goal: to improve social welfare by informing and influencing decision-making in the public and private sectors. Along the way, we are leading a creative revolution in how scientists conduct social science and economic research through the use of innovative technology. Tomorrow is here, today.
This is a full-time, grant funded position.
The Software Engineer will:
- Writes, edits and updates production-ready software application code. Builds, optimizes, and maintains complex web-based applications using variety of programming technologies (e.g., Python, PHP, jQuery, HTML5)
- Collaborates with researchers to determine system requirements to support research and designs and builds systems to satisfy researchers’ needs.
- Implements code aligned with overall service architecture meeting system design specifications. Utilizes abstraction and code isolation, actively searching for security vulnerabilities.
- Works as a team member on large projects or works independently on projects of a smaller scope that require competency and independence in all phases of programming and analysis.
- Utilizes creativity and innovation to solve conceptual programming problems raised by cutting-edge research.
- Master degree in computer science or equivalent and 5 years work experience
- Fluent in Linux, MySQL, database management
- Experience with the development and implementation of application programming interfaces (API)