CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision, the Junior Cloud Systems Administrator deploys, maintains, and provides operational support of UNIX/Linux systems in a hybrid multi-site environment for medium to large size enterprise (on-premise & AWS). The incumbent deploys and maintains scalable, highly available solutions to meet the business requirements using Agile methodology, DevOps processes and Automation.
- Assist in automating deployment and management of elastic, highly available and fault tolerant systems both on premises and in the cloud.
- Setup monitoring/notification/backups and any needed failover architecture for operating system as well as application.
- Assist in authoring and maintaining operations documentation and diagrams for solutions supported by the team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications, click the "Apply Now" button on this page.
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university in a job-related field.
- Additional qualifying technical training and applied experience may be substituted for required education.
- Six months of full-time, progressively field-related experience.
- Experience in automating tasks using a (bash, PowerShell, Perl, Python, Terraform, Ansible, Vagrant, and Packer) is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Working knowledge of assigned computer operating systems, systems analysis and systems-level programming, including: proficient
- Experience in operating within a Unix or Linux environment in hybrid infrastructure is desirable.
- Ability and specialized skills to: assist in diagnosing hardware and software problems; organize projects and work within timeframes and deadlines; continue to acquire knowledge and skills to perform assigned tasks.
- Effectively present ideas, explain problems, and recommend solutions in writing and orally.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and administration.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
- Classification: 0410 / Operating Sys Analyst 12 Mo
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $3470 - $4500, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $3470 - $6681 per month.
- HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
- REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
- Applications received through November 2, 2021 will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: http://www.csun.edu/careers
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.