Lead data governance efforts by establishing and growing a multi-brand Data Governance practice that encompasses all major data systems including but not limited to, ERP, Ecommerce and Customer Service platforms. Develop and institute guidelines and policies for data quality, data archiving, retention and purging to ensure the correct data is stored responsibly and non-essential and transitory data is purged on schedule to enable efficient use of data storage and system speed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead, facilitate and execute Data Governance initiatives
- Define and implement a set of processes that ensures that data assets are formally managed throughout the enterprise.
- Implement appropriate quality control disciplines for ensuring data quality across systems
- Maintains compliance with Corporate Audit standards and regulatory law.
- Responsible for the strategic planning required to ensure one source of truth for all data elements used across environments
- Extend data quality practices and controls throughout the business solution environment
- Identifies costs, benefits, risks, and alternatives in proposed system designs and their impact on upstream/downstream systems.
- Leads and coordinates with the various external owners of master data (product, customer, financial, etc.) to manage the process of master data across the various enterprise systems.
- Seeks out opportunities for continuous process improvement, to include benchmarking other companies, user groups, and software tools to improve speed & accuracy of master data processes.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems/MIS, Business Management or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years experience in Data Management in support of an ERP system
- Experience with Microsoft D365 PIM module, PTC FlexPLM system and/or Salsify PIM system
- Experience with system configuration preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office software
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent organization and follow through skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain good rapport with internal and external customers and handle situations with confidence, tact and resourcefulness
- Flexible, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced office environment
- Strong team player
Environment & Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office environment. Utilizing an office desk – sitting, reading, listening, or speaking with the ability to move intermittently throughout the day
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity
- Ability to operate office equipment, including computers, copiers, fax machines, and phones