Provide analytical support and regularly partner with sales/marketing departments to impact key management decisions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work closely with business partners to provide support in planning, budgeting and analysis of results
- Monitor actual results with plan to identify risk and present initiatives to address gaps in performance
- Provide weekly updates to forecasts and make appropriate adjustments based on business partner collaboration
- Anticipate reporting requirements necessary to ensure timely business decisions are made based on business needs
- Develop standard reports to help drive decision making and provide insights to business partners
- Analyze complex financial data and summarize findings to provide insights to business partners
- Collaborate with internal Finance department to provide reporting in support of sales, margin, and operational goals
- Ad hoc analyses as needed or requested to help support business decisions
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field. CPA or MBA preferred.
- 5+ years finance or accounting experience
- Experience with Reporting Databases such as SAP, Business Objects or EDW preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office analytical tools including spreadsheet, database and graphing applications
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Build and maintain good rapport with internal/external customers and handle situations with confidence, tact and resourcefulness
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced office environment
- Self starter with ability to work independently, using intellectual curiosity to drive analyses
- Strong team player
Environment & Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office environment. Utilizing an office desk – sitting, reading, listening, or speaking with the ability to move intermittently throughout the day
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity
- Ability to operate office equipment, including computers, copiers, fax machines, and phones