With the ever-accelerating technological advances and growing system complexity, NSA needs System Engineers to integrate systems and reduce the cost to operate and maintain systems. We need our System Engineers to provide program oversight and implement Systems Engineering best practices across the organization in the NSA enterprise. The need to maintain our core System Engineers group is vital to provide the technical capabilities necessary to successfully execute NSA's mission. The ever increasing complexity of supporting NSA's mission requires world class System Engineers to solve challenging systems engineering problems to enable NSA to successfully execute its mission.
System Engineers at the NSA
- provide system engineering expertise, guidance and support to the development and implementation of mission capabilities that align with mission driven priorities.
- lead and implement system engineering effort, mentor junior personnel
- capture high-level concepts and translate into engineering documents and other artifacts
- act as advocates for and implement Systems Engineering and Enterprise Architecture best practices and principles.
- craft high-level system design, specify system/component performance and interface requirements and develop installation, integration and acceptance test plans.
The ideal candidate has a desire for continual learning with excellent problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills who is:
- able to handle and prioritize multiple assignments
- able to communicate effectively both orally and written
- able to work effectively across several different functional areas in a collaborative environment
- able to implement standards
Knowledge, skills, and experience in one or more of the following is desired:
- Systems Engineering principles
- Systems architecture, framework, and standards
- System Engineering Certifications (DoD DAWIA Certification, INCOSE)
- Technology/System Readiness Assessment
- Modeling and Simulation
- Security Design Engineering
- Developmental Test & Evaluation