Nav is democratizing small business financing. In other words, we give small business owners access and control. Yes, this challenges the norm, but it means working with curious, purpose driven, dedicated, and inquisitively smart people who push themselves, our company and the community to the next level (and every level after that). We are the people behind the tech. And when it’s good, we look for better. We don’t over think the value we bring nor spend time trying to revamp mantras. We also do not come up with some crafty way to tell you who we are and what we offer. We are Nav! Here, you’ll gain a wealth of experience, learn the tricks of the trade, and work with winners. All companies say people are connected to their mission but in our case our mission and our people are one – it is a way of being not just a cause you are committed to. And since 2013, Nav has holistically and organically developed its own ideology because Nav can only be Nav.
WHAT WE EMPOWER YOU WITH:
- Own multiple areas of the MLE roadmap. Lead and contribute to projects on the MLE roadmap to advance Nav’s business. Consult on projects of defined scope being performed by junior team members.
- Develop close relationships with stakeholders. Work with stakeholders to detail project design and timeline estimates. Influence usage and success criteria of the MLE solutions.
- Contribute to the direction of the MLE usage within the company, and influence the development of the roadmap.
- Identify strategic research components within a project and execute approved research. Push to extend the capabilities of the MLE team.
- Perform all aspects of a machine learning model development including data analysis, feature engineering, modeling and evaluation of models.
- Lead team stand ups and obtain updates to team members during team and project stand-ups. Update jira tickets with progress and communicate project status to stakeholders.
- Conduct code reviews of teammate’s work and follow best practices such as comments and unit tests.
- Ensure project documentation and organization of exhibits. Ensure work is presented to stakeholders throughout the projects.
- Actively work to continually improve MLE practices and processes.
- Identify MLE tool needs and build out tools to enable the MLE team as a whole.
- Mentor and guide junior team members.
- Lead and contribute to MLE knowledge sharing sessions.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor's degree with a relevant degree: MLE, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics. Masters degree preferred.
- Fluency in at least two programming languages: Python, PySpark, R, Java.
- Experience building out Machine Learning pipelines and working with engineering partners to implement solutions.
- Deep understanding of end-to-end MLE processes. Experience leading MLE projects. Evidence of strong execution of projects.
- Deep knowledge of multiple ML algorithms such as Gradient Boosted Decision Trees, Random Forests, Neural Networks, K-means Clustering, and Nearest Neighbor. Experience with NLP is a plus.
- Deep understanding of multiple model metrics and evaluation techniques.
- Experience partnering with stakeholders to understand business use cases and success criteria.
- Experience with Git, Jira, AWS.
- Excellent communication with stakeholders, and experience setting expectations for efforts.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You uplift those around you.
- You’ve got great verbal and written communication skills.
- You’ve got amazing relationship-building and relationship-management skills.
- You are comfortable working on complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- You have a bias for action, a “driver” that gets stuff done, using analytical thinking.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, ability to change course quickly based on new insights.
INCLUSION AT NAV:
At Nav, we celebrate what makes our employees unique because the businesses we serve are progressively diverse and distinctly original. Navericks are diverse, side hustlers, immigrants, veterans, queer, and we push generational boundaries. We are college dropouts, PhDs, special needs parents, allies, pet owners and community leaders. Navericks are human. We are committed to upholding a safe, supportive environment where everyone matters. We are committed to making a better future for all of us. We have created a workplace where people of all backgrounds can express their identities authentically. To put it simply we want you to be proud to be you.
OUR COMPENSATION PHILOSOPHY IS SIMPLE BUT POWERFUL.
We believe great, enduring relationships are grounded in trust and transparency. Compensation shouldn’t be a distraction, and employees should understand how pay and career advancement decisions are made. Providing equal pay for equal work is table stakes for being a great place to work. Gender and ethnic inequity should only be something that our children read about in history books. We believe providing Navsters with company ownership, competitive pay, and a range of meaningful benefits is the start of creating a culture where people want to give the best they’ve got — not because they’re simply making money, but because they’ve fallen in love with our vision, mission, values, and team.
OUR IMPACT ON YOU:
Competitive Pay. Company Ownership. Unlimited Vacation. Benefits Day One. 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave. Work From Anywhere (yes we were distributed before it was cool). Flexible Work Arrangements. Free Telehealth and Telemental Health For All Employees. Employee Networking and Events. Community Network Groups (women’s, PRIDE, culture). Meaningful Perks and Rewards. Learning and Development Opportunities. Pet Insurance.
A NAVERICK’S DNA:
- We look at the future and say “why not”; we see possibilities where others see problems or routines. We show the way ahead and are committed to achieving ambitious goals.
- We practice straight talk and listen generously to each other with empathy. We value different opinions and point of views. We ensure that we connect outside as well as inside to learn from others and inspire each other.
- We hold ourselves accountable for delivering results. We choose to not to be a victim of circumstance. We make decisions & take responsibility so that we can act & support each other, rather than adopting defensive, and “finger pointing” behaviors.
- As leaders we motivate & engage our teams to undertake beyond what they originally thought possible, by developing our teams & creating the conditions for people to grow and empower themselves through enabling & coaching.